WHAT IS BRCA GENE TEST?
ProGenome® BRCA Gene Test is a simple blood test that uses DNA analysis to identify harmful changes (mutations) in either of the two tumour suppressor genes — BRCA1 and BRCA2, creating significantly higher cancer risk particularly in the breast and ovaries.
Prevent the risk of cancer. Get yourself tested today.
ProGenome® brings you an opportunity to predict cancer before it progresses.
Introducing BRCA Gene testing by NGS to help you make informed decisions on risk reduction strategies for breast and ovarian cancer and to tailor targeted treatment options.
WHO SHOULD OPT FOR ProGenome® BRCA GENE TEST?
- Personal history of breast or ovarian cancer diagnosed at young age (premenopausal)
- Family history of breast, ovarian, fallopian tube, peritoneal, prostate, or pancreatic cancer
- A relative with a known deleterious mutation in BRCA1 or BRCA2 genes
- Two or more relatives with ovarian cancer
WHAT HAPPENS IF A BRCA 1 OR 2 MUTATION IS DETECTED?
- A positive result doesn’t mean you are certain to develop cancer
- You should meet a clinician to proactively manage your risk
- If you’re already diagnosed with breast cancer the test will help guide treatment decisions
WHAT MAKES ProGenome® BRCA GENE TEST SPECIAL?
- Uniform coverage across all coding exons and splice sites
- Efficient sequencing and accurate analysis for mutation hotpots and other mutations in exonic regions
- Detects SNVs, InDels, and large exon/gene deletions/duplications
- Screening from blood (Germline mutation screening) or from FFPE block (Somatic testing)